Installing deck support plastic adjustable pedestals can be relatively straightforward. Here are general steps to guide you through the installation process:
- Ensure that the surface where the pedestals will be installed is clean and free of debris.
- Verify that the substrate or base is even and well compacted.
- Place the first pedestal at a corner of the deck area, following the layout plan or design specifications.
- Position the pedestals at regular intervals based on the required spacing, ensuring they align with the planned deck structure.
- Adjust the height of each pedestal to achieve a level deck surface. Most plastic adjustable pedestals come with mechanisms to easily modify the height to suit your specific requirements.
- Securing Decking Materials:
- Once the pedestals are positioned and adjusted to the desired height, lay the decking materials over the pedestals.
- Ensure that the decking materials are evenly supported by the pedestals, with no excessive overhang or unsupported areas.
- Final Checks:
- Double-check the levelness and stability of the deck surface by walking across it and verifying that there are no noticeable uneven areas.
- Final Steps:
- Trim any excess material or make necessary adjustments to ensure a seamless and secure deck surface.
Always refer to the manufacturer's specific installation guidelines and recommendations for the plastic adjustable pedestals you are using, as different products may have unique installation requirements.